I accidentally found a solution to the wallpaper issue on the adam. If you have noticed, When u set a static wallpaper on the adam, it crops it up and zooms it in badly in the final setting. Especially so on the new honeycomb.Michelle's earlier method of using the Canvas application still results in a "zoom in" of the picture and you do not get the full picture. I found a workaround using the "Waterize" live wallpaper app available in the market..its supereasy.
1) Download and install the "Waterize" live wallpaper. (This is available for a price in the android market, but i can give u it for free...see details below for that)
2) long press on the homescreen as you would to set any wallpaper and choose live wallpapers from the wallpapers section.
3) select "waterize" live wallpaper. It will load up. Now touch settings in that and there is an option to set your own custom background. touch this and gallery opens automatically with your pictures.
4) select your image from the gallery and it will load up as the wallpaper. That's it. now just touch "Set wallpaper" and you are good to go.
The Picture will be set as is without any cropping as it is a live wallpaper. Ofcourse if you touch the live wallpaper now on the home screen, it creates a water ripple effect as the waterize wallpaper is supposed to do..but as long as you leave the adam idle the picture remains completely static..just like a normal wallpaper.
Below are some screenshots setting the same wallpaper as an image and as a live wallpaper.
1) Empty Home screen with Waterize LWP:
Empty HS with Waterize.jpg
2) Empty Homescreen without waterize using traditional method:
empty HS without waterize.jpg
3) Homescreen with icons using waterize:
HS icons with waterize.jpg
4)Homescreen with icons without waterize:
HS icons without waterize.jpg
So as you can see from above..you cannot make out the difference between the normal and live wallpapers except for the much larger zoomed out image in the live wallpaper as compared to the static one.
For those who need the waterize live wallpaper please put your emails here and i will send the apk to you personally. i cannot post links here as this is an official forum. If somebody knows a place where i can post an upload link do let me know, then i will upload the apk to a file sharing website and post the link there.
If any of you know any other way to get these wallpapers right and in a more easier way..then please do reply to this post with instructions on how to do it..It will be much appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Edit : please go to tabletroms.com on the link below to get some more information about the waterize live wallpaper.